Sunday, March 22, 2009

GOOD NEWS!

So for the past month or so I have been going through the application process for the dietetics program at BYU. Last week i found out that i was accepted in the program and I start in Fall!! I'm so so excited. It took me a really long time with LOTS of fasting and LOTS of prayers to decide if i should continue going to school or if it would be best to just be a mom for my little Cody but i really feel like going to school is the right thing for me right now. I don't know why, but it just feels right. Now that i have my answer, i just feel really really excited!! I can't wait to learn about nutrition and be able to help other people. It is going to be a lot more work and stress and sacrifice, but i really think that it will be worth it in the long run! Kasey and I will graduate together in spring 2011!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations. That will be helpful all your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Katie! That's awesome that you got in. I think even just saying that you finished school is worth every sacrifice that you might have to make to get it done. Extra sacrifice means extra blessings and we all need those. I can't even tell you how blessed Adam and I have been and I think a lot of it has come from the sacrifices we have made to follow the prophet's counsel to get a good education as well as to raise a family. I'm sure that you will see many of the same blessings and know that you are absolutely doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow! Congrats--you're awesome to pursue all of that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's so awesome!! I'm really glad you decided to finish school. it will be hard but it will be so good for you! i know that for me, it's just a huge sense of accomplishment to be finishing school. and now when my kids complain to me about school i can say "that's nothing, just wait til college!" and then they can freak out and think i'm a mean mom. great, right? anyway, i'm really happy for you! we have a blog now too http://vinceandrachel.blogspot.com. there's not much on it yet. it just started like two weeks ago. but yeah! i'm excited to keep up on your life!

    ReplyDelete